snd_maestro3

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Apr 28 05:30:11 PDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
>  > 2) From time to time I get these:
>  >
>  > pcm0: <ESS Technology Allegro-1> port 0xf800-0xf8ff irq 10 at device 6.0 on pci0
>  > pcm0: failed to enable memory mapping!
>  > pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>  > pcm0: <ESS Technology ES1988 AC97 Codec>
>  > pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
>  >
>  > The only thing I can do then is to reboot my laptop.
>  >
>  > Both problems had been there with 5.1-HEAD and still where in 5.3-HEAD
>  > from about 3-4 weeks ago.
>
> FWIW, I have the same problem on my notebook (also Allegro-1),
> but on 4-stable.  The problem exists for several years already
> in 4-stable and hasn't been fixed yet.  I sent a PR long time
> ago.

Do you have the PR # a hand ?

> Every once in a while, right after booting the machine, when
> I try to play audio for the first time, the kernel tells me
> "play interrupt timeout, channel dead", and no sound is played.
> Immediately rebooting again fixes it most of the time.

lately I had tried to unload the module again on the notebook and
that froze my system :(((

If I remember right the "mono" problem had been there on lin too
(but that's too long ago to really remember) and I could live with
that; but I cannot with the int problem.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/