[Evil project] / ibm thinkpad t41

Bill Paul wpaul at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Apr 23 10:33:21 PDT 2004

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, jason kawaja wrote:
>
> > actually, other users have just got this working.  however i notice yet
> > another change at :
>
>    I know that, this is what i find puzzling: either this is a problem
>    specific to my laptop model, or specific to ... me ;)
>
> >  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/if_ndis/if_ndis.c
> >
> > that was made after the rest of us got it working.  which one are you
> > using? 1.55 or 1.56?
>
>    rev 1.55. But no revision of if_ndis worked for me, never, ever. it
>    always hung whenever i tried to load if_ndis.ko

*sigh*

You're making the unwarranted assumption that your copy of w70n51.sys
and w70n51.inf are exactly the same as everyone else's. Listen up people:
Intel has released several different versions of this driver. Some of
them have issues that others do not. If you don't bother to SEND ME
the driver that you have, I can't address your problem.

So stop wasting time and send me your copies of w70n51.sys and w70n51.inf.
Ok? Good.

-Bill