ASUS P4P800 doesn't reboot

Johan Pettersson manlix at demonized.net
Wed Apr 21 08:28:32 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:11:54 -0600
"Elliot Finley" <lists at efinley.com> wrote:

> I have several systems using the ASUS P4P800 MB.  When I issue a
> 'reboot', they shut down cleanly.  They then stop after the 'uptime'
> line and hang.
>
> If I remember correctly, this started happening between 5.2-R and
> 5.2.1-R.
>
> I have a test box that I can take down at any time.  I just need some
> guidance on how to troubleshoot this.
>
> TIA
>
> Elliot

Try disabling APIC.

set hint.apic.0.disabled=1

at the boot prompt. I have problems with this motherboard too, with the
IDE-controller I think. We discussed it a while ago on the current-list.
I don't think FreeBSD like it. :P Is there any developer that wants to
get a closer look at this board? If you have one or knows someone who
has.