ndis0 hangs system hard (cvsup'ed today)

Niki Denev nike_d at cytexbg.com
Fri Apr 16 05:52:45 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 02:11:41PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20040415181057.GA41370 at kaktusas.org>
>             Paulius Bulotas <paulius at kaktusas.org> writes:
> : cvsuped '2 days ago' and here I am using wireless again ;)
> : > Any ideas?
> : > I'll try to revert last changes to ndis...
>
> hw.pci.do_powerstates=0 might be a good first step.  It is starting to
> look like something is broken there, but it is unclear what.
>
> Warner

With today cvsupped machine (ThinkPad X31),
with hw.pci.do_powerstate=1 i get a panic every time i try to
kldload if_ndis (Intel 2100 3B).
with powerstate=0 everything seems to be ok.
A few days ago i posted about this panic, but then i was not sure what
was causing it,
but today after several tests, it seems that 'powerstate' must be causing it.
Maybe i will put 'hw.pci.do_powerstate=0' in my loader.conf for now. :(

--
Niki Denev