make bsdtar failled

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Thu Apr 15 22:58:10 PDT 2004

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:27:53AM +0800, wsk wrote:
>>
>>make the libarchive passed with not any problems! later
>>(cd /usr/src/usr.bin/tar;make clean;make) get the follow errors

You need to:

rm -f /usr/lib/libarchive*
(cd /usr/src/lib/libarchive ; make clean ; make ; make install)
(cd /usr/src/usr.bin/tar; make clean ; make)

The first step removes any old versions of libarchive
(I inadvertently enabled a shared version of libarchive
early on that's probably the cause of your problem.)

If that still doesn't work, let me know.

Tim Kientzle