backing to 5.2.1, problem with threading and "cxa_atexit"

Kirill Ponomarew krion at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 13 02:05:49 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 05:12:14AM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> I though I would back my system to RELENG_5.2, as I more or less
> acidentally installed a current :-)=  (Clever, he? :^)
>
> So, now many apps fail since the symbol "__cxa_atexit" cannot be found. I
> recon it is in libpthread in current, but wasn't there at 5.2.1, right?
>
> Question is, do I have to rebuild all apps (or go back to current), or can
> I do some libmap.conf magic? Just checking with nm -D in /usr/lib, I cannot
> find the symbol defined anywhere for 5.2.1?

If you want to use libpthread which is now default threads
library on -current, you should rebuild all apps, which are
linked with libc_r

In another case you can modify /etc/libmap.conf to use further
libc_r, read /usr/src/UPDATING

-Kirill