Cisco driver stopped working with -current

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Sat Apr 10 13:24:06 PDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 05:57:35PM +0100, Pete Carss wrote:
> Scott Mitchell wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 03:19:22PM +0100, Pete Carss wrote:
> >
> >Can you boot with hw.pccard.debug=1 and hw.pccard.cis_debug=1 (you'll need
> >to break into the loader at boot time and set them there) and send me the
> >resulting output (should end up in /var/run/dmesg.boot)?
>
> I think I've done what you asked....at the kernel prompt I "set" the
> hw... values....here's the result:

Hi Pete,

That was exactly what I asked for, but not exactly what I wanted to see...
Could you try booting again without the Aironet card plugged in, then:
	# sysctl hw.xe.debug=2
and plug in the Aironet?  You should get a lot of new debug output from the
xe driver that will hopefully tell us why it thinks it owns this card.
Apologies for not asking for everything the first time around.

Cheers,

	Scott