initio inic-940 scsi driver

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Apr 7 22:30:48 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:35, Russell Jackson wrote:
> I'm trying to modify the anitio inic-940 CAM driver to compile
> under CURRENT.
>
> There's a reference to pcici_t that isn't in any of the header
> files. Anyone one know anything about this?
>
> Where can I find documentation on CAM?

Someone (Stefan Farfeleder <stefan at fafoe.dyndns.org> whom I couldn't contact
recently..) ported the OpenBSD version to FreeBSD and it does 'work', but I
have had issues with lockups.

I have been meaning to get around to merging the newer OpenBSD code back into
it but haven't got around to it yet.

I have put the code I got here ->
http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/iha-20030219.tgz

I haven't tried it on -current, but it worked OK in -stable (subject to my
crash issues..)

The card I have has a "INIC-950P" chip on it and probes like ->
iha0: <Initio INI-9XXXU/UW PCI SCSI adapter> port 0xac00-0xacff mem
0xe2024000-0xe2024fff irq 11 at device 11.0 on pci0

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5