DVD-RW recomandation ?

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Wed Apr 7 08:39:10 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 04:15:43PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 04:43:58PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > I want to buy a DVD-RW which I will use on -current. Could you suggest a
> > known-to-be-working model (especially with VIA8237 cipset) ?
>
> I'd say "something well supported by dvd+rw-tools" since this later is
> the program that you will use to burn.  See
> http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/hcn.html for some infos.

FWIW, those tools work just fine with my

acd0: CDRW <LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S> at ata1-master UDMA33

with SCSI emulation through ATAPICAM.

Although I don't understand why the driver detects it as a CDRW :)

--Stijn

--
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.  It's
just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."