USB issues -- dodgy motherboard?

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Wed Apr 7 02:46:46 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:25:19AM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Nik Clayton wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I'm trying to use some USB devices on a -current system, updated on 17th
> > March 2004.
> >
> > The motherboard is a Gigabyte 6VXDC7, BIOS rev. F6, with all the USB
> > ports enabled (according to the BIOS).  One of the ports is then
> > connected to the USB hub built in to one of the monitors, an Iiyama
> > AU4831D.  This hub has four ports.
>
> It is a USB1.1 Hub right? (we don't yet support 2.0 hubs)

But USB 2.0 hubs get probed fine and then complained about missing
support for interrupt endpoints on ehci.
This kind of message happens if the first communication to the device
failed - either by device problem or host controller problem.
I would advice updating to latest usb state and retry with a USB_DEBUG
kernel.

ticso at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de