dev/sound/pcm/sound.h shadows INTR_MPSAFE declaration

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 6 11:25:46 PDT 2004

On Apr 06, Doug White wrote:

> > > Is it actually MPSAFE?  If so, feel free to mark it as such,
> > > although pcm
> > > isn't fully locked yet, so we take no responsibility for any damage
> > > caused :)
> >
> > Some sound drivers in -CURRENT allocate interrupts with INTR_MPSAFE.
> > The problem is that after including dev/sound/pcm/sound.h INTR_MPSAFE no longer equals to 512, but it is set to 0. And if sound driver interrupt was allocated as INTR_TYPE_AV|INTR_MPSAFE it will be marked only as INTR_TYPE_TTY.
>
> Ever think that might be intentional? :)  I'd poke -multimedia to get the
> sound driver folks, though.

	Hello All,
	I've noticed the same things.  I think I tried once to allow
for it to MPSAFE (when I was mucking around with the emu10k1 driver).
I think if you poke further, the sound drivers aren't always locked
properly and hence not MPSAFE.
	I won't have time to dig into this until friday.

	--Mat

--
	It's impossible to awaken a man who is pretending to be
	asleep.