Synaptics Driver Patch (new Version)

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Sat Apr 3 13:32:37 PST 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 04:20:53PM +0200, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some Months ago I posted a very hacky synaptics driver patch.
>
> Here is a new Version:
>
> It is still not perfect, but since it will be almost perfect (I hope)
> for some people I posting this.

The driver works here.

However, and this is purely personal opinion, it makes the touchpad even
more annoying by activating the scroll area.  That makes it even more
difficult to type without wierd things happening when the thumb part of
my palm touches the touchpad.  I've always hated touchpads.  Someone
could make some money off me by selling replacements keyboards with
trackpoints.

lambert at lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html