Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode with samba

Hilko Meyer hilko.meyer at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 06:01:40 PST 2004

Doug White schrieb:
>On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Hilko Meyer wrote:
>> Doug White schrieb:
>> >I haven't had time to look at this.
>> >
>> >Can y ou try it with -CURRENT, if you ahve't already?
>>
>> I can, but I don't want to do that. And it's no longer necessary. I've
>> installed the recent update of the samba 2.2.8 port this evening and
>> discovered the reason of the panic at the time.
>
>I was able to reproduce this with -current, but looking at the code I
>don't understand how that vfs op is getting nulled out. It should be set
>to the default operation which just return EOPNOTSUPP.  I guess some
>KASSERTs are in order.
>
>The function itself hasn't changed materially in months, so its hard to
>tell when this crept in.  Out of curiousity, do you have a -stable box

Not yet, but I can wipe Linux from one of the dual boot.machines :-)
My users use only the installed Win2000 and the SuSE 8.0 is quite old. And we want to
replace ist with FreeBSD anyway. I think, we can try -stable before installing 5.2.1, but
I dont know, if I can find some time to do so.

bye,
Hilko