bash2 linked dynamically

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sun Nov 30 21:27:09 PST 2003

Hi all,

I just sent email to obrien and I would like to encourage getting the
ports collection changed to link bash dynamically.  Hopefully before 5.2
release.

It was the last frustrating problem I had with getting all the LDAP
stuff working on FreeBSD-current.  bash was displaying:

I have no name!

for the username because it was statically linked.  I've noticed many
emails about this sort of problem, but solutions were difficult to dig
up.  Also, I do not see any reason why bash should remain linked -static
for -current.

Cheers,
Sean