5.1-CURRENT: buildworld fails

Dan Foster dsf at globalcrossing.net
Fri Nov 28 20:11:30 PST 2003

Hot Diggety! David O'Brien was rumored to have written:

> It shouldn't be today.  I'm convenced that all of our problems with
> 'gcc-3.3.3 -O2' are FreeBSD code bugs.

I'm certainly deferring to someone with greater expertise, especially given
a freebsd.org email address. :-)

Just out of curiosity (and to mitigate my own personal ignorance), I'm
curious how you determined them to be actual coding issues rather than
compiler bugs?

I've certainly seen both things in the past on other platforms, so I have
an healthy amount of appreciation for both sides of the problem.

-Dan