Anybody using gp driver?

GerritKühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Fri Nov 28 00:01:51 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 02:10:22PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> I'm wondering if anybody is using, or even able to use, the gpib
> driver.  It uses the old ISA shims, and is one of the drivers that no
> one has acked working in when I ask about the old isa shim drivers.

I always wanted to use it. I have plenty of old ISA GPIB cards here, but
unfortunately I never found the time to play around with them so far.

> I'd also like to say that I'd love to see a good, and proper gpib
> framework in the tree,

I second this. ;-)

> but it certainly won't be based on this driver!

Oops, is it /that/ bad?

> The questions here are only 'does this driver work?' and 'is anybody
> able to use it?'

Well, as I said above: I'm not using it so far, but given some time I may be
able to find out if it's still working.

cu
  Gerrit