Turkeys and dynamic linking

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Nov 27 12:31:43 PST 2003

walt wrote:
> To all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving today, I wish you a happy one!
>
> And speaking of turkeys, does anyone know how Microsoft handles the
> performance issues associated with dynamic linking?  Do they do
> anything special, or just ignore the whole thing?

Don't they fix the performance hit by moving performance-critical parts
of the application into kernel space (such as IIS and MSSQL)?

At least, that's what Eric Raymond claims in his latest book.  I don't
think that's an approach I would like to see FreeBSD take.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies