5.2-BETA: giving up on 4 buffers (ata)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Nov 26 10:37:49 PST 2003

Hi,

when I rebooted my 5.2-BETA (kernel about 24 hours old), it gave up on
flushing 4 dirty blocks.

I had three UFS1 softdep file systems mounted on one ATA drive, one ext2
file system on another ATA drive and one ext2 file system on a SCSI
drive.  Both ext2 file systems had been mounted read-only, so they can't
have had dirty blocks.

At the next reboot, FreeBSD checked all three UFS file systems as they
hadn't been umounted cleanly before. Makes me wonder if FreeBSD gave up
on the super blocks...

Regards,

--
Matthias Andree