HEADS UP: /bin and /sbin are now dynamically linked

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 24 09:36:34 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:46:54AM -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 03:40:06 -0800, "David O'Brien" <obrien at freebsd.org> said:
> > We have made the assumption for the first three options since day one.
> > Why should we change the assumptions just because we now have a dynamic
> > /?
>
> Because we are not all masochists.

Why wasn't it enough of a problem to bring up until we went to a dynamic
/?  Not having a usable FTP client if your libs are FUBAR'ed isn't new
with dynamic.

Now that it is brought up, where does it end what goes into /rescue?
Having what goes into /rescue bounded only by what is in /[s]bin,
/usr/[s]bin is what worries some of us.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)