Unfortunate dynamic linking for everything

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Nov 23 23:31:25 PST 2003

[ Lots of CC trimming ]

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 06:27:01PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Richard Coleman, and lo! it spake thus:

> You would need to make sure that startup scripts never use tilde
> expansion.  I'm not sure how common that is with RCNG.

Not just the startup scripts, but ANY script.  I dare say there's a long,
long list of scripts that use ~-expansion, to say nothing of the
homegrown ones we all have working quietly and forgotten for years.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net