What's changed relating to localhost then?

Uwe Laverenz laverenz at despammed.com
Sat Nov 22 10:39:26 PST 2003

Matt Smith wrote:

> I've just updated to 5.2-BETA today and have noticed that my spamd is
> now rejecting all connections from spamc because they are not coming
> from 127.0.0.1 any more. It's now using my public IP address of 82.x.x.x:

Yes, same problem here: at first, amavis refused to accept mails from
postfix and when I started to try to fix it (without having enough black
coffee inside) I got postfix to bounce all undelivered mail (~100-200
mails lost). :-/

I got amavis+postfix working again, but they still don't use the
loopback interface. It would be nice if someone could help me to
understand the reason for this. :)

thanks,
Uwe