rpc.lockd core dumped

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Fri Nov 21 00:09:36 PST 2003

> I can only say that I had a core dump under current on sparc, but the core
> file was unusable. Can you compile rcp.lockd with -g in CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
> and try to find out with gdb where it aborts?
>
> harti

Hi :)

I investigate a little more this nfs locking issue.
I recompile my system with CURRENT from "Wed Nov 19 12:53:04".
rpc.lockd core dump still appear but I noticed something: each time, just before
it crashed, I can hear a very low noise coming from my harddrive. It is hard to
describe, but it looks like if my hardrive was powering on or coming back from
hibernate mode (or something like this).
Is there a way to check this ? Like maybe a command to force hardrive not to
stop or something ?

Thanks.

Antoine