Updated acpi_cpu patch

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Thu Nov 20 03:56:18 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Nate Lawson wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> >
> > I'm gonna try some "buildkernelstones" with the different settings.  If
> > you have some special benchmarks in mind I'd be happy to run them.
>
> That's probably ok.  It has a lot of IO.

Now I've tried running make buildkernel and tarring /usr/src to a
different location, with different setting for hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest.  I
couldn't see any real difference - neither in performance nor in heat
emission.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Vienna University Computer Center      Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
University of Vienna                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/