ppp RADIUS accounting bug

Boris Kovalenko boris at ntmk.ru
Wed Nov 19 01:08:46 PST 2003

>The RFC says:
>
>5.4.  Acct-Output-Octets
>
>blabla
>
>can only be
>      present in Accounting-Request records where the Acct-Status-Type
>      is set to Stop.
>
>It looks like, that these counters must not present in accounting updates.

You are right, but your words - "but a patch could be written :-)".
Again, I'm talking not about UPDATE packets and presence of any
attributes in RADIUS requests. I'm talking about wrong handling of
Acct-Input-Octets & Acct-Output-Octets with current PPP RADIUS
implementation. How this will be done, by implementing RFC2869 support
or just by resending STOP request N times is not so important, but
somehow this should be done. I may try to write patch myself, but I'm
looking for someone who supervises my patch and commit it if no problems
will be founded.

Regards,
    Boris