another trap 12 while in kernel mode

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Nov 18 21:30:11 PST 2003

Hi,

I am regularly getting those but unfortunately I neither have DDB in that
kernel nor can get a crash dump nor do I have built wie DEBUG=-g.

Is there anything more I can do apart from rebuilding kernel with support
of all the missing debugging flags (which is in progress) ?

I am logged in via serial console on this machine btw but I am not
sure if this is the killing criteria for this panic. According to the
log I write there had been no output for a long time before.

fault virtual address   = 0x6c2f6e81
fault code              = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc055a00a
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc9b4acac
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc9b4acac
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 26 (swi8: tty:sio clock)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

syncing disks, buffers remaining... 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426 426
giving up on 349 buffers
Uptime: 6h46m27s
pfs_vncache_unload(): 1 entries remaining
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
Rebooting...

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/