Updated acpi_cpu patch

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Nov 18 13:58:22 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Nate Lawson wrote:
> > Could you add a printf to the start of acpi_cpu_detach()?  I want to see
> > if we're being called before or after ACPI is stopped ("Shutting down
>
> So indeed, it doesn't look like the ACPI detach call has gone out yet.

Yes, I'm certain acpi_cpu_detach is not being called before
AcpiTerminate().  Can someone with some newbus knowledge explain this?
devinfo shows acpi_cpu0 as a child of acpi0 so its detach should be called
before acpi0's.  Perhaps the fact that there is no DEVMETHOD for
acpi_detach means that its children never have their detach methods
called?

-Nate