Updated acpi_cpu patch

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Nov 18 13:34:38 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Robert Watson wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Nate Lawson wrote:
>
> > Below you'll find the update patch for acpi_cpu.  Please test this,
> > especially for SMP and laptops with _CST objects in their ASL.
> > Notes:
> > * Add a detach method that disables entry to acpi_cpu_idle and in the SMP
> > case, IPIs all processors to exit sleeping.  This fixes a panic on
> > shutdown for MP boxes.
>
> Sigh, I appear to have been mistaken about the SMP reboot problem being
> fixed, sorry about that.  Mark's random_harvest panic appears to have
> caused me to miss the other failure mode in my last test.  Stack trace
> attached, and I believe I'm running with your latest patch.

Could you add a printf to the start of acpi_cpu_detach()?  I want to see
if we're being called before or after ACPI is stopped ("Shutting down
ACPI").  Also, please do:
   l *AcpiGetRegister+0x61
I think it's the call to get the bus master status, which is interesting
since this means that cpu_cx_count != 0 which means that acpi_cpu_detach
hasn't run yet.

-Nate