recurring installworld problem

Scott Likens damm at yazzy.org
Mon Nov 17 16:55:27 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 16:19, Aron HÃ¥kanson wrote:
> Tis 2003-11-18 klockan 00.25 skrev freebsd at msquaredweb.net:
> > Hey all...
> >
> > Been trying to get 5.1-CURRENT installed since thursday.
> >
> > This is my procedure:
> >
> > cvsup
> > make buildworld
> > make buildkernel
> > make installkernel
> > -- reboot --
> > make installworld
> >
> > This is the error I've been getting (probably 25x since thursday... yes..
> > 25 fresh installs since then)
> > /usr/src/bin/csh/../../contrib/tcsh/complete.tcsh
> > /usr/src/bin/csh/../../contrib/tcsh/csh-mode.el /usr/share/examples/tcsh
> >  gencat -new et_EE.ISO8859-15.cat et_EE.ISO8859-15.msg
> >  gencat:No such file or directory
> >
> > Yes, I must use -CURRENT because that apparently is the only way for me to
> > use the multi-ip jail patch. However, these errors occur without the
> > patch. Once I successfully bring the box to 5.1-CURRENT, then I'll try the
> > patch. My goal now is to just get -CURRENT up and running.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> If you're just interested in finishing the installworld you can do it
> quick by touch(ing) /usr/src/contrib/tcsh/et_EE.ISO8859-15.msg so gencat
> will find its msg-file.
>
> Aron HÃ¥kanson
> Comitor Konsult
> http://www.comitor.se/

Too bad finishing it only leads to more problems.

Suddenly ls core dumps, hell everything does.

anything that's dynamically linked core dumps on my Dual P2-450, nothing
useful on the backtrace.  Quite fun as i'm trying to get everything
straightened out.

not quite sure how to, since even 'install' core dumps.

--
"I think we ought to be out there doing what we do best - making large
holes in other people's countries." - George Carlin