hit g_provider %p disappeared while tasting

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Nov 17 13:04:10 PST 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.53.0311172035410.92260 at e0-0.zab2.int.zabbadoz.net>, "Bjo
> ern A. Zeeb" writes:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am pxebooting an md_image as root fs. While this worked for cvsup
> >sources from around 20031115-1501 UTC it fails woth same kernel config
> >with sources from today 20031117-1435 UTC.
>
> >The problem seems to be triggered by following commit:
> >http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/geom/geom_subr.c.diff?r1=1.61&r2=1.62&sortby=date&f=h
>
> That commit adds the message and avoids walking off the end of dead
> a pointer.
>
> Where the dead pointer comes from is what has yet to be discovered.
>
> Do you have an atapi-cd drive in this machine ?

No.

while pxebooting there is no floppy and no hd and no cf rader
attached.

fxp0, dual intel card fxp1,2 an ed0 (preloaded module) and an older S3
graphic card. that's about everything in that P133 with F00F bug.

I have older a todays boot logs including boot_verbose=1; if it helps
I can mail them off-list.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/