checking stopevent 2!

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 15 11:57:57 PST 2003

On 15 Nov, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Andy Farkas wrote:
>
>> These messages spew onto my console and into syslogd once every second:
>
> Heh.  Sounds like your box is having a really bad day, we'll see if we
> can't get it fixed up over the next couple of weeks as things settle out
> :-).

Mine is worse.  If I try to boot it multiuser, it pegs its serial
console with these messages.  It seems to bring up the network to the
point where it can be pinged, but the ping latency averages about
200 ms, and even after a half an hour it still hadn't gotten sshd
started.

I can't drop back to the old kernel because I just did an installworld
with the new version of statfs.

I hope the fix isn't too extensive, since I'll probably be typing it in
by hand in single user mode ...