signal 12's everywhere on Current with update this morning.

Richard Coleman richardcoleman at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 14 08:46:48 PST 2003

Sure.  I can do that.  Some structures in statfs changed size.  So you
need to rebuild and install your kernel before you update the world.
The instructions in the handbook should work just fine.

1. make buildworld
2. make buildkernel KERNCONF=NAME_OF_KERNEL_FILE
3. make installkernel KERNCONF=NAME_OF_KERNEL_FILE
4. shutdown -r now
5. boot into single user mode
6. fsck -p
7. mount -u /
8. mount -a -t ufs
9. swapon -a
10. make installworld
11. mergemaster
12. reboot

There are a couple ports that also need rebuilt.  I've heard cfs and
postfix mentioned.  There could be more.  If you don't have many ports,
just rebuild them all (that's what I'm doing).  If you are using
portupgrade, it's easy (portupgrade -afR).  Obviously this could take
awhile.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman at mindspring.com