named pipes memory leak?

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Tue Nov 11 12:15:46 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Don Lewis wrote:

> Now that I've had some time to think about it, if you reuse the same
> fifo, you'll run into the same problem that caused me to abandon my
> previous fifo_inactive() version of the cleanup code, which is stale
> data being left in the fifo after both ends have been closed.  You may
> be stuck with plan B below ...
>
> > As a workaround could you create a little mdfs to hold the fifo?

We could get away with it by just using symlinks instead of null mounts,
so, with your patch, it isn't a real problem for us anymore.  Thanks
again.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Vienna University Computer Center      Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
University of Vienna                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/