Really no one knows ?!

itetcu at tecnik93.com itetcu at tecnik93.com
Mon Nov 10 01:20:42 PST 2003

Hi,

A few days ago I've asked in this message:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?
fetch=1728586+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-current/20031109.
freebsd-current

about suggestions of how to "recover" the non-root slices from a HDD
after the change of the mainbord resulted in not finding the
superblock, or at least how to avoid such things in the future.

DES suggested "You probably switched your disk from CHS to LBA mode or
vice versa" in this message:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?
fetch=1815326+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-current/20031109.
freebsd-current
which it is not the case.

Now, leaving apart that my lest backup dated a month ago, and it's
really stupid to lost all your data from a HDD without suffering any
hardware or software crash, I would really apreciate some ideas, links
whatever about what it is to do to avoid this to happend if the
future.

Mannyt thanks,
IOnut