vm_fault on umass transfers

Alastair G. Hogge agh at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 10 01:02:38 PST 2003

Hello,

I've had an Olympus camera which I've been able to access under -CURRENT for
some time until recently. I can mount_msdosfs the device (da0s1) OK, but when
I try to copy or move files from the device to my hard disk drive I get the
following kernel message:
	panic: mv_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: dc346000

And then the system will start to shutdown and sync disks.

Unfortunately I've been unable to boot with a generic kernel at this stage to
see if there would be more information spat out.

Thanks in advance
-Al