Radeon DRM-Problem

John Baldwin john at baldwin.cx
Sun Nov 9 15:59:55 PST 2003

On 08-Nov-2003 Ralf Folkerts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the hints!
>
> Well, I didn't set anything "special" in XF86Config; I'll put in my
> XF86Config and attach an XFree86.0.log

Actually, try adding an 'AGPSize' option in the 'Device' section with a value
set to the size of your aperture.  I Think X uses a 1mb aperture by default
and it may be that it is failing to allocate some buffers due to your screen
resolution combined with the small default size of the aperture.

Adding 'AGPMode 4' probably couldn't hurt as well.

--

John Baldwin <john at baldwin.cx>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/