Manual root filesystem specification -> '?' -> panic

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu Nov 6 14:00:56 PST 2003

Hi,

'?' should show list of possible boot devices but this doesn't seem to
work with a src update from around 20031105-2024 UTC:

--- cut ---

Manual root filesystem specification:
                       eg. ufs:da0s1a
  ?                  List valid disk boot devices
  <empty line>       Abort manual input

mountroot> ?
panic: Root mount failed, startup aborted.

syncing disks, buffers remaining...
done
Uptime: 1m23s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot,
--> or switch off the system now.
Rebooting...

I tired multiple ties to ensure I only have a '?' as very first
character and only entered <?> <enter> via serial console.

Any ideas ?

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/