PRs for dagrab and cdparanoia reworked

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Nov 5 18:28:34 PST 2003

> FWIW, the mplayer port also cannot play CDDA anymore on current. It
> probably needs a similar patch.

This works for me with a patched version of cdparanoia, which makes
sense, since mplayer is linked against libcdda_paranoia.so.0.

You can get the patch here:

http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/cdparanoia-pread.patch

When I run

% mplayer cdda://

the CD is played. The following output of fstat makes me believe that
that cdparanoia really uses the "cooked interface" of the ATA driver and
not the ATAPICAM interface (although I don't know how that one
translates its requests into ATA'ish ones). In short: It works for me
with an ATAPI CD/RW drive.

Simon