HELP: ServerWorks data corruption after 350 MB with BerkeleyDB 4.0?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 12:58:21 PST 2003

Hi,

I received a bug report against BerkeleyDB 4 that may not be BerkeleyDB
related, but a problem with FreeBSD or specific hardware in general.

Jie Song (CC'd) reported that writing files with BerkeleyDB (no
threading or something) on his ServerWorks machine causes data
corruption (detected by BerkeleyDB 4.0 library functions) when the file
sizes grow beyond 350 MB. For details, see PR #55252. Jie Song has
answered in private mail that the problem persists with both current 4.X
and current 5.X FreeBSD versions.

Does this ring a bell somewhere? Are there issues with BIOS versions
usually used on ServerWorks boards, are there hardware
detection/configuration issues in the kernel? Anything known?

Thanks in advance,

--
Matthias Andree