APM not working on Dell Latitude D600

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 3 09:40:24 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:02:24PM +0100, Thorsten Greiner wrote:
> * Andreas Klemm <andreas at freebsd.org> [2003-11-03 17:00]:
> > Is there somebody interested to get ssh access on my new
> > DELL Laptop to find out why apm doesn't work ?
>
> Did you
>
>     - upgrade to the latest BIOS provided by DELL
>     - apply the DSDT patch available from
>       http://sandcat.nl/~stijn/freebsd/dell.php

Thorsten, many thanks for directing me to this link.
Now ACPI and APM seem to work on my Dell Latitude D600.

- No ACPI error messages anymore (Bad Parameter...)
- /dev/apm device present in devfs

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:22:18AM +0900, Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:
> If
> hint.apm.0.disabled="1"
> in your
> /boot/device.hints, try removing it.

And of course I removed additionally this ;-)

Cc'd to Stijn <stijn at win.tue.nl>.
Many thanksStijn, for making that patch available !

So now I can happily confirm that this procedure works for:
- Dell Latitude D600 (BIOS Revision A06)

Best regards

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/