hw.ata.atapi_dma vanished

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Sun Nov 2 23:53:45 PST 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 05:42, Kent Stewart wrote:
> On Sunday 02 November 2003 03:40 pm, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > Hello, grumpf,
> >
> > after having had the first spontanous reboot with -current for a long
> > time I wanted to look for hw.ata.atapi_dma (since the machine crashed
> > (without ANY report) when I tried to access the CD) and found it's gone.
> > The man page still tells my stories about that sysctl.
> >
> > What news did I miss?
>
> man ata You add it to /boot/loader.conf now.

I always had it in loader.conf.local but why is this sysctl not listed
anymore?
cale:~> sysctl hw.ata
hw.ata.ata_dma: 1
hw.ata.wc: 1

I can remember some other sysctl which were not displayed before altered.
How can I get ALL sysctls? (-a also just shows these two hw.ata)

I think some time ago hw.ata.atapi_dma was listed, no matter if it was alered
before or not.

Thanks,

-Harry