CDDA with common programs (ATAng)

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Sun Nov 2 09:50:14 PST 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 17:01, Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > Ha, stop. Today it doesn't work as non-root anymore.
> > I'm sure with -current some days ago and the same patch it worked without
> > root privileges.
> > I can't follow that.
>
> Thats a feature of atapi-cd now being under GEOM..
>
> The device nodes are now mode 640 which the security mob has been
> nagging me about for years.
>
> So now you know where to direct complaints :)

Ok, found that so some entries in devfs.conf did the trick.
The rest I wrote obove was wrong. Accidentaly I forgot to remove the patch in
the files directory, so cdparanoia still fails to build on -current.

cooked_interface.c: In function `cooked_read':
cooked_interface.c:204: error: storage size of `arg' isn't known
cooked_interface.c:215: error: `CDIOCREADAUDIO' undeclared (first use in this
function)
cooked_interface.c:215: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
cooked_interface.c:215: error: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [cooked_interface.o] Fehler 1

Thanks,

-Harry