buildworld error: rm: tar: is a directory

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Nov 1 12:54:46 PST 2003

Mensaje citado por Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz at freebsd.org>:

|  > Mensaje citado por Ruslan Ermilov <ru at freebsd.org>:
|  > | On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 04:48:42AM -0800, eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
|  > | > I'm having problems with current buildworld in gnu now on two
| different
|  > | > machines in current(today).  The latest is the following:
|  > | >
|  > | > rm: tar: is a directory
|  > | > *** Error code 1
|  > | >
|  > | > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
|  > | > *** Error code 1
|  > | >
|  > | > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
|  > | > *** Error code 1
|  > | >
|  > | > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
|  > | > *** Error code 1
|  > | >
|  > | > I'm begining to wonder if I'm getting a complete checkout with cvsup
|  > | > of the gnu tree.
|  > | >
|  > | ``rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar'' and try again.
|
|  > Ruslan
|
|  > That didn't seem to work.  I've erased the /usr/obj/usr tree several
|  > times and even gnu but without luck.  After resuping getting the
|  > error doing a rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar and then
|  > another make buildworld, I continue to get:
|
| Try 'cvs update -PdA'

Jean-Marc,

I haven't tried it yet but I think that is the problem.  I just found a
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar/tar/attic that I suspect as causing problem and that
I'm assuming that the -P would take care of.  I'm trying yet another
make buildworld and it seems to have passed the problem but I am not
declaring victory yet :-) but I feel that this or the -PdA will solve
the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion,

ed