buildworld error: rm: tar: is a directory

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Nov 1 12:20:12 PST 2003

Mensaje citado por Ruslan Ermilov <ru at freebsd.org>:

| On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 04:48:42AM -0800, eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
| > I'm having problems with current buildworld in gnu now on two different
| > machines in current(today).  The latest is the following:
| >
| > rm: tar: is a directory
| > *** Error code 1
| >
| > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
| > *** Error code 1
| >
| > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
| > *** Error code 1
| >
| > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
| > *** Error code 1
| >
| > I'm begining to wonder if I'm getting a complete checkout with cvsup
| > of the gnu tree.
| >
| ``rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar'' and try again.

Ruslan

That didn't seem to work.  I've erased the /usr/obj/usr tree several
times and even gnu but without luck.  After resuping getting the
error doing a rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar and then
another make buildworld, I continue to get:

===> gnu/usr.bin/tar
rm -f tar addext.o argmatch.o backupfile.o basename.o dirname.o error.o
exclude.o full-write.o getdate.o getline.o getopt.o getopt1.o getstr.o hash.o
human.o mktime.o modechange.o prepargs.o print-copyr.o quotearg.o safe-read.o
save-cwd.o savedir.o unicodeio.o xgetcwd.o xmalloc.o xstrdup.o xstrtoul.o
xstrtoumax.o buffer.o compare.o create.o delete.o extract.o incremen.o list.o
mangle.o misc.o names.o rtapelib.o tar.o update.o tar.1.gz tar.1.cat.gz
rm: tar: is a directory
*** Error code 1

I've actually got two different machines doing the same thing.  At least
I'm consistent :-(

Thanks for your help,

ed