-current 'make release' status? [SOLVED]

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Tue Jul 29 14:09:09 PDT 2003

In the last episode (Jul 29), Ruslan Ermilov said:
> Hm, I always thought that -O2 and -Os are just useful aliases that in
> effect only turn a few dozens of -f optimization flags, and that
> switching some of them off later is allowed.  I.e., "-Os
> -fno-strict-aliasing" should work.

That does work, but there are still things you can't turn off with -f.
They're half-aliases.  toplev.c::parse_options_and_default_flags does
set -f flags based on the optimization level, but there is still a
whole lot of gcc code that directly tests the value of optimize and
optimize_size.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com