Memory Mangement Problem in 5.1-RELEASE

Ahmed Al-Hindawi civilized_tafeely at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 00:58:46 PDT 2003

>If your system is spending a lot of time moving data to and from swap when
>it is not memory-starved, or if it is stalling memory allocations that it
>should be able to fulfill from free RAM, that's a concern.

That is exactly it. I emphaises th words " when it is not memory-starved ".
It isn't memory starved.

Also I get 150Mb frequently of swap disk space, whilst still having a
complete third of my memory free!!

I can understand everyones view on this, that the swap algorithim is swaping
pre-emtively. But 150MB?? Is that what is called a low level of swaping??