FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

Stephane Raimbault segr at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:24:37 PDT 2003

Thanks Bosko,

I've changed my /boot/loader.conf to reflect the kern.vm.kmem.size option.

kern.vm.kmem.size="350000"

As far as changing the nmbclusters, I'm not sure how many I use now.  Do you
know where I could get some values as what the total vs. how much is being
used for the above values?  I'll setup some graphs to monitor those values
for me and get an idea of how much the system is using and when if I can.

Also, I took a quick look at the developers handbook and couldn't find just
yet what I needed to change to the kernel to provide a stack trace... do you
know what options I should be adding to my kernel?  Also, should I try not
to use an SMP kernel and just run GENERIC to see if continues to have the
problem?  I can probably run on one CPU for a few days, especially over the
weekend.

Thanks,
Stephane.