Compaq Evo N610c

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Wed Jul 23 08:22:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 03:45:48PM +0200, Robert Blacquière wrote:

> pcmcia cards work only (at least one) if you put more than one card in
> the pcmcia slots.
> So inserting a Lucent orinoco wireless fails but the second ASUS
> wireless card gets working ...
> And also the reverse can be done..
> It's strange but it gives a working wireless connection.

I'd look for port address conflicts.  On my Dell I5000, the ltmdm
uses ports that the card drivers don't seem to notice (or vice versa).
The result is that I have to wait to load if_dc until after the ltmdm
is loaded.

One way to see if this is happening to you is to boot without the card
and see if it then works when you plug it in.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.