gcc-3.3 issues

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sat Jul 19 02:32:59 PDT 2003

Hi !

> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3/gcc/Warning-Options.html#Warning%20Options

Hmm, that's exactly as in the info page.

> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3/gcc/C---Dialect-Options.html#C++%20Dialect%20Options

> and search for permissive, to see the condition Alexander speaks of.

Well, here it is:
-fpermissive
        Downgrade messages about nonconformant code from errors to
        warnings. By default, G++ effectively sets -pedantic-errors
        without -pedantic; this option reverses that. This behavior and
        this option are superseded by -pedantic, which works as it does
        for GNU C.

I admit, I'm not a native speaker, so please correct me.
Doesn't that mean, if you don't specify any pedantic, it defaults
to -pedantic-errors for C++, but if you specify -pedantic, you don't
get errors for warnings like it should be... ??

Cheers
Peter