HPT372 bug summary [was: RE: escalation stage 2]

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Fri Jul 18 13:59:57 PDT 2003

Soeren Schmidt wrote:
> > which is named "FreeBSD")
> > And that's why FreeBSD panics until I delete the mirror relationship.
>
> Well Highpoints way of dealing with broken arrays and lost disks are less
> than optimal, I've tried to do my best in the ATA driver to fool the HPT
> system, but its not perfect...

Hmm, I chose the Highpoint based controller because they are supporting
FreeBSD......
Ok, let's accept that a failed drive cannot be replaced without setting up a
new machine, but at least I can determine *when* I do the maintanence since
one drive is still running. But please allow me a few questions:

Why does the machine panic when rebooting with one drive failed?
Why does the rebuild process work fine under DOS?
Have you ever tested the original HighPoint kld? (I wanted but the 5.0 is
not working with 5.1!)
What do I have to do to get your SIL0680-current changes into 5.1-release?
(I have another production machine running with the silicon image).

Thanks a lot,

-Harry