gcc-3.3 issues

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Jul 18 12:41:42 PDT 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 21:16, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 07:07:55PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
> > On Friday 18 July 2003 18:14, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> > > Configure ailing due to warnings is a real bug.
> >
> > What do you mean now? Configure is not failing because of warnings, it is
> > failing because of _ERRORS_, errors occur in gcc's libstdc++ bits. They
> > _used to be warnings_ before the import.
>
> Then configure runs gcc with wrong parameters. In GCC 3.3 -pedantic implies
> -pedantic-error, unless -fpermissive is specified too.

That's perfectly fine for configure to do, since it would work if gcc wouldn't
shoot its own foot by failing in libstdc++. What's the rationale of changing
around these commandline parameters anyway I'm asking myself. But that's
offtopic.

--
Michael Nottebrock \        KDE on FreeBSD    \            ,ww
                    \            ---           \   ,wWWCybaWW_)